We all love sitting in our home in the winter enjoying a comfortable home from our heating system. But when your heating system starts to cause you problems, you can be left shivering in your bed trying to fall asleep. At KAC Express, we thought it would be a good idea to put together some of the most common heating repairs in Houston. If your heating system isn’t working right, it’s always best to call your local Houston heating contractor before it develops into a larger problem.
Strange Heating System Sounds in Houston
One of the most common calls for heating repairs in Houston, Texas that we get is a strange noise coming from the heating system. Here are some of the most common heating noises that you might hear.
- Rattling – If you hear rattling coming from your furnace, it could be the sign of a carbon monoxide leak. While rattling could just be a loose part, it might be the sign of a cracked heat exchanger. Your heat exchanger exhausts the harmful and toxic combustion gases that result from burning fuel. If it is cracked, carbon monoxide might be leaking into your air supply.
- Rumbling – If you hear rumbling in your furnace, it could be the ductwork in your home expanding and contracting at the hot air. It could also be that the burner in your boiler or furnace is dirty.
- Squealing – This sound is typically from forced air systems like furnaces or heat pumps. It normally means that the fan motor or fan belt is worn out and rubbing against something.
No Heat or Low Heat in Houston
If your heating system isn’t producing any heat in Houston, there are a few things that could be causing it.
- Clogged air filter – For forced air systems, the air filter is one of the most common causes of problems. One of the issues that it can cause is no heat or low heat.
- Thermostat – If the thermostat in your home is malfunctioning, it might be telling your system that your home doesn’t need any more heat.
- Pilot/ thermocouple – If the pilot light on your boiler or furnace goes out frequently, it could be a sign that you need heating repairs in Houston. The thermocouple is a safety feature that detects if the pilot light is lit. If it detects no heat, it shuts off the flow of gas to avoid danger to you. If the thermo couple is malfunctioning, it could have shut off the flow of gas mistakenly.
If you need heating repairs in Houston, contact KAC Express today!